Engaging our patients and educating them on our issues is an important aspect of our advocacy effort. Below, you will find some key talking points that you can use to start a conversation with patients as well as printable material that you can print and place in your pharmacy.
Key Talking Points
Here are a few points to share with patients:
- In other provinces, pharmacists can diagnose and if necessary, treat certain common ailments with either over-the-counter or prescription medications on the spot. Wouldn't it be great if we could do that in Ontario for you?
- More than 1.1 million Ontarians are going to get their flu shot from a pharmacist this season with no need for an appointment. We want to be able to administer all publicly-funded vaccinations so that we can save you and your family more time.
- Pharmacists are among the most trusted healthcare providers according to Canadians.
- Pharmacists want to be able to provide you with answers, guidance and advice on the safe and appropriate use of medicinal cannabis and need the ability from government to allow prescriptions for these products to be part of your very important medication profile.
- We have launched an advocacy campaign called Ontario Pharmacists Care. Visit ontariopharmacistscare.ca to send a letter to your local MPP in support of these changes.
Click on the thumbnails below to download printable PDF versions of the items below and display in your pharmacy.